If we it’s one thing we love about fashion bloggers is the fact that they know how to look good anywhere and anytime. And the best part is they’re not afraid to share their personal style to get you inspired on your next outfit.
Here at Tanks & Kinis we have quite a few bloggers that we follow from around the world so we decided we’d share them with you by discovering their island holiday essentials starting with Vicky Heiler from Bikinis and Passports. Originally from Germany, Vicky has lived in California and now in Vienna and has been blogging since 2010. With a serious case of wanderlust, Vicky blog shares with her readers the places she visits and of course her chic fashion sense. And lucky for us, we managed to get her to spare us some time to tell us what her island essentials are during her resort holidays. Enjoy!
1. Where are your favorite beach destinations? Give us your top 3 and tell us why.
– California, because I spent 5 years living in Laguna Beach and miss it all the time. I love the feeling of living close to the beach, the way the air smells and the wind feels!
– Maldives, we were there in May of last year and had a great time snorkeling with sharks and along the reef. The underwater life is absolutely stunning and I’d go back any time.
– Tulum Mexico, we actually just returned from a trip to the Riviera Maya and were blown away by the beach in Tulum. It is picture perfect. Brilliant turquoise water and white sandy beach. Loved it!
2. What do you usually like to do when you’re on your beach trips? lounge? shop? surf?
– I mostly spend my days lounging by the water, as well as an occasional dip to cool of. If we’re anywhere that is good for snorkeling, I also like to go for a 30-minute snorkel trip both in the mornings and afternoon.
3. What would you say are your wardrobe essentials when on your beach holiday?
– obviously bikinis! lots of them! I bring about 5 different bathing suits, so I can switch of. Other than that I love silky camisoles, which are super light and airy, as well as cut-off shorts. For the beach I like a light chiffon or silk scarf because it is so versatile.
4. What about beauty products? any specific skin care products? lip balm?
– I cannot live without my BB cream on holidays. It is so much better than foundation and with SPF 50 it also provides great protection for my skin. Other than that I love my bronzer to give the fresh tan a bit of sparkle, as well as aloe vera for after sunbathing. For sunny vacations I also light bright colors on my nails, Essie’s “watermelon” is always great!
5. Where’s your next must-go beach holiday trip and why is this place a must-visit for you?
– This year the Greek Islands Mykonos and Santorini are at the very top of our travel-list. The white Greek architecture against the stunning blue sea simply looks like a post card and I can’t wait to see it in real live!
Think Vicky is awesome? You can check out Vicky’s Blog here to know what she’s up to! And if you have a blogger friend you’d like to recommend, feel free to leave a link to their blog below for us to check out! 😉
*Images taken from Bikinis and Passport.